Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baking Frenzy

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood today...
...so I stayed inside and baked all afternoon.
Tomorrow at Lafayette Alliance we are celebrating Word of God Sunday with a special service recognizing the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible. Pastor Rob will be preaching a message on Why I Believe the Bible is the Word of God. After the worship service we will be having a pig roast with all the fixins. Anyway...the reason for baking...
I signed up to bring a dessert. I was in a 'baking frenzy' so I put my Betty Crocker Cookbook to good use making a Triple Layer Lemon Cake.
No I don't have a lemon zester or juicer and the handle on my grater is gone...
Sour milk or buttermilk goes into this recipe
Wa la...three layers
Can I say wa la again? Triple Layer Lemon Cake with lemon cream cheese frosting
Coffee Toffee Bars, they're not much to look at but they are delissssshhhh,
I know probably not a word. The Daisy's, my favorite, are homegrown.
I made One Bowl Chocolate Cake but forgot to take pictures.
All done in the kitchen and even had time to walk a few miles at the park.



2 comments:

Greetings! said...

We will take a slice to go. Looks yummy! Xoxo

Terri said...

Sounds delicious!